Boards & Commissions
Environmental Advisory Committee
|EAC Resolution No.8-16-11-1|
|Rosemartha Cates||Keith Grays|
|Angie Hanna||Terence Ng|
|John Sawyers||Amber Spencer|
|Kim Vincent||Barbara Whitton|
A. To continue and expand upon the committee's success in delivering timely and accurate information regarding Go Green Amarillo initiatives through the use of web-based media and others as appropriate.
B. To cooperatively work with City staff in an ongoing evaluation of how the existing recycling program may be improved. This effort should include:
- (i) undertake a comprehensive review of existing City and private business sponsored and operated recycling collection sites and associated operational efforts,
- ii) promote the reduction, reuse, and recycling of materials, and
- iii) organize and facilitate the distribution of bark from the city's chip sites.
C. To evaluate and recommend new financially feasible and publicly supportable community outreach and education efforts for water conservation and other green efforts.
- i) plan and implement xeriscape education, and
- ii) develop a program with local nurseries to plant sample xeriscaping on city-owned property.
D. To serve as direct citizen facilitators and assist in the recruitment of private businesses and civic organizations who are willing to sponsor, develop and operate recycling collection locations in all areas of Amarillo, along with other sustainable and publicly accepted green initiatives.
E. To perform other similar duties as the City Commission may assign or refer to the Committee.
|Agenda - January 03, 2012||Minutes - January 03, 2012|
|Agenda - February 07, 2012||Minutes - February 07, 2012|
|Agenda - February 21, 2012||Minutes - February 21, 2012|
|Agenda - March 20, 2012||Minutes - March 20, 2012|
|Agenda - April 03, 2012||Minutes - April 03, 2012|
|Agenda - April 17, 2012||Minutes - April 17, 2012|
|Agenda - May 01, 2012||Minutes - May 01, 2012|
|Agenda - May 15, 2012||Minutes - May 15, 2012|
|Agenda - June 05, 2012||Minutes - June 05, 2012|
|Agenda - June 19, 2012||Minutes - June 19, 2012|
|Agenda - July 03, 2012||Minutes - July 03, 2012|
|Agenda - July 17, 2012||Minutes - July 17, 2012|
|Agenda - August 21, 2012|
View Agendas / Minutes by Year: